E-readers are very popular nowadays. They are convenient, and they allow you to take your books anywhere you want. The e-ink display gives you very good reading comfort, and it doesn’t strain your eyes. It is also possible to adjust the screen’s brightness so that it is easy to read.
There are two main types of e-readers: the ones with a touchscreen and the ones with physical buttons. A touchscreen is nice, but it drains the battery life quickly. It is easier to use physical buttons; however, it takes longer to change pages.
|Kindle Oasis||Best Overall|
|Kindle Paperwhite E-reader||Budget Pick|
|Kobo Forma||Upgrade Pick|
1. Kindle Oasis
- Free of glare
- Darker, paper-like background
- Light is less dazzling, it’s easy to use under different light conditions like outdoors
- Slightly heavier
- A little more expensive than competitors.
This is the most expensive device of Kindle E-reader family. It comes to you with a price tag of Rs 18,999. It comes with a rather light weight of 131g. The Kindle Oasis comes with larger display. With a 7-inch display, it comes in a sleek and compact design.
It will be easy for you to adjust the light of your Kindle Oasis. You can adjust the screen brightness manually. All you have to do is to tap the screen of your device once and let your Kindle Oasis adjust the backlight automatically.
It’s good to know that your display will not be glaring as before. With the new display technology, the glare level has been greatly reduced. Thus it will be easier for you to read the contents of your Kindle Oasis. It will store thousands of books. You will be able to store your favorite books in your Kindle Oasis with ease.
2. Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight 3 eReader
- Highly Portable
- Good battery life
- Great Selection of Ebooks
- Reliable reputation
- 3G option available
- Well-liked by customers
- Superior Page-turning Technology
- No front-lit screen
- Built-in dictionary not available
- No MP3 player
- No built-in Wi-Fi
- Default font size can be difficult to read
Overall, the Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight 3 is a great e-reader that will not only make reading more convenient and enjoyable but also at an affordable price. If you are a bookworm who loves keeping a whole library of books at hand, the Nook GlowLight 3 makes a great e-reader.
The advanced, award-winning E Ink screen allows you to view crisp text and images, and long battery life allows for up to eight weeks on a single charge. The E Ink Pearl screen provides a paper-like reading experience with brilliant, clear type.
The high contrast screen is easy on the eye, even in bright sunlight. The glare-free screen is made with an anti-glare top coat which is fingerprint and water-resistant. The accelerometer allows the screen orientation to change automatically from portrait to landscape view.
3. Kobo Libra H2O White
- Easy to use
- Good for outdoor activities
- Great for reading in the bathtub
- No backlight
- Can be slow to load
6" Glare-Free Touchscreen E-Reader in Rose Gold, 8GB.
The touch screen is glare-free with a 6” 300 PPI e-ink display which enables you to read in bright sunlight with no issues. We love the accessible on-device library that helps you find your favorite books on-the-fly. You get a choice of 8GB / 16GB storage with WIFI capability. White color.
4. BOOX Max3 13.3 Digital Notepad ePaper
- The screen is ultra-durable and stronger than glass
- The body is waterproof
- Easier to connect to wifi
- It is a lighter-weight notepad overall
- The speakers are not fantastic
- The battery is smaller than previous versions
- The CPU is a little slower
- It has fewer accessories than its predecessor
The “Max3” is a high-end E Ink tablet from BOOX. It has many impressive features that you’re going to love.
It even looks really nice. The rounded corners and the soft sides give it a really nice look that it is really hard to find from other e-readers.
It’s screen looks great, and the touchscreen is responsive. The screen performs well in direct light and in low light as well.
5. Kindle Paperwhite E-reader
- Reading is more enjoyable with the built-in light
- The E-ink technology mimics the experience of reading a book
- Audible feature connects to Amazon store
- It's easy to bring all your ebooks, apps, and digital magazines on-the-go
- Battery lasts for weeks, not hours
- Only 8 GB of on-board storage is quite low, but you can expand via microSD card slot.
- On-screen navigation can take some time to get used to.
- Screen lacks physical buttons
This is my number one pick as it is a great quality ereader with an amazing display and offers a superb reading experience.
This ereader also offers a number of other features such as a text-to-speech feature, audio recording capabilities, and Whispersync for hands-free reading, and a quick access to the dictionary at a touch of the screen.
The Kindle Paperwhite can display crisp, laser-quality text and images with high-resolution and is built to be light in weight. The display is laminated so you don't have to worry about it getting wet when you're reading on the beach.
6. Kobo Clara HD 6" Carta E Ink Touchscreen E-Reader
- 6" Carta HD screen (high definition of 167 PPI) for amazing screen resolution
- Almost no glare even in bright light
- Wifi enabled
- Long battery life – it can be used for up to one month on a single charge with wifi shut off
- Supports PDF and EPUB books, as well as Comics and Manga in the manga app
- Supports epub, mobi, pdf, and rtf formats
- Ports: Headphone jack, MicroUSB 2.0, and MicroSD slot
- Internal memory of 4GB with 1GB for use by user
Kobo Clara HD is an ereader with high definition of 167 ppi. It has a 6" Carta HD screen which is the standard for high resolution and high contrast touch screens.
It has 4GB of storage which is enough for reading a couple of books at a time. The e-ink screen is exceptionally crisp which helps in reading even at night. It has a battery stamina of two months. If the battery is low, and you are unable to charge it, it still gives you the option of using it. The bright screen also allows you to read in daylight without any problem.
7. Kobo Forma
- 6 inch high-resolution display
- Supports all major formats
- ComfortLight Pro front lighting
- Crisp paperwhite display
- Control your e-reader from a computer
- Crisp display with high resolution
- It is lightweight
- E-ink Carta display boasts a 300 dpi pixel density
- Waterproof up to IPX8
- Over 2 million books available
- No microSD card support for storage expansion
- No USB cable in the box
- No headphone jack
The newest and thinnest e-reader from Kobo, the forma is impressive. Its super lightweight design makes it easy to carry around. With an 8.3-millimeter thickness, the forma is one of the thinnest in the market. The Kobo Forma is an excellent compromise between portability and display quality.
The front light from the forma is superb. It has ComfortLight Pro, which has six front light levels to make it easier for reading in any light condition. Its touch screen allows for a simple interface. The screen has a respectable 300 dpi, but it’s not the highest in the market.
8. Barnes & Noble NOOK GlowLight Plus eReader
- Waterproof, so you can take it to the beach or pool and not worry about getting it wet
- Available in multiple colors
- Small and portable, so it doesn't feel like a bulk like most of its' competitors
- Extremely fast performance.
For a lot of people, the decision between an ebook reader and a tablet seems like a close call. However, while they may seem similar, there is a distinct difference in what they're able to do.
With the BN NOOK GlowLight Plus, you get the best of both worlds. It has the larger screen and reading of a tablet, while still feeling small in your hands and light to carry around. Plus, with its' waterproof design, you won't have to be careful around the pool this summer!
9. Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight Plus eReader
- High-resolution display
- Excellent access to books
- Fast device turns on in only 15 seconds
- Somewhat limited app availability
- Limited storage capacity
- Front-lit E-ink screen is crisp, but can be hard on the eyes after extended use
The Barnes & Noble Nook GlowLight is the best eReader for people who love to read and rely on their eReader for long commutes. The screen is high-resolution, and the latest update lets you read in the dark due to the front-lit screen to simulate a traditional book.
The pages are a little sharper than the competition, and 8GB of storage allows you to carry thousands of books. It is waterproof and dustproof (IPX7-rated), so you can take it to the beach or elsewhere.
Note: The price above reflects the retailer’s listed price at the time of publication.
10. BOOX Nova Pro 7.8 ePaper E-Reader
- It displays clear crisp text with a flush glass screen thatï¿½s easy to read in all lighting conditions.
- The firmware has a lot more customization options than the GlowLight.
- It comes packaged with a front light, something that wasn't included on the GlowLight.
- It comes packaged with an upgraded version of the firmware which adds ADE support and lowers the brightness
- It is not yet available with a back light and is not suitable for reading in a dark environment
- It is not yet available to Android users
- Just like the GlowLight, it is not yet available in North America
- It has problems reading certain TOC formats
The Nova Pro is a 7.8 " e-reader which is good and is comparable to the GlowLight's 7". It also springs from the GlowLight's DNA, but it has been strengthened in several areas. It does not have a backlight, but it does have flush glass. It also has a higher resolution and a larger memory.
This device provides much better resolution than the Vizplex (167 dots per inch) and it does not have a glare like e-paper. This device is far better than the GlowLight.
11. Onyx BOOX Max 13.3 Inch E-ink Reader Android 4.0 Flexible Handwriting Screen
- Flexible screen
- Backlit display
- Android 4.0
- Newer model available
- Optional capacitive stylus pen
- Older model
- Only 16GB capacity
- Only 1 color available
The Onyx BOOX Max 13.3 Inch E-ink Reader Android 4.0 is a new touchscreen e-reader that offers highly portable access to more than 2,000,000 books at any time and from any place. You can also download e-books, magazines, and newspapers from the internet through the wireless network.
It offers automatic synchronization with Google account for the purpose of downloading a new book or article. You can also sync all the notes and highlights you have saved to the cloud on your PC or Mac.
This Onyx BOOX is equipped with a flexible screen, and you can write on it with the pen in any place. You can also edit your handwriting with the editing tool.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best e reader on the market?
If you are looking for a new e-reader to purchase, then it is a good idea to do some comparison shopping first. Not all e-readers are the same. Some have features that you won’t find on competing devices. It makes sense to do some research into the features of various e-readers before pulling out the plastic.
There are a handful of e-reader manufacturers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular manufacturers and devices you might find on the digital shelves:
Which is the best Kindle to buy 2021?
The Kindle Oasis is the top of the line e-reader and still the gold standard today. However, this Kindle Oasis has some serious drawbacks: high price, short battery life, and small e-ink display. If you’re willing to overlook these limitations, then you can find a few direct advantages as well.
The Oasis offers features that you’re not likely to find in other Kindles: a small physical measure that makes it easier to hold for long periods of time, an in-built battery that can charge other devices via USB, and it can hold its charge for weeks at a time.
Which is the best Kobo ereader?
Kobo e-readers are top of the line. They feature months of battery life, water resistance, and expandable memory. The Kobo Aura one is hitting closets everywhere this year. That being said, it does have high price tag and has been compared to an Ipad.
The Kobo touch ereader is compact and pocket-friendly. It is the most popular ereader from Kobo. It’s available in many different languages and it’s compatible with many different devices.
The Kobo Glo is excellent for those that want to read in the dark. It’s small, lightweight, and easy to use. This is the perfect gift for someone you love.
From the early days of dusty old libraries to the shiny new Amazon Kindle, the love of reading has evolved in amazing ways, and now we have e-readers.
Fortunately, everything has gotten a bit more streamlined, and you don’t have to load up on as many devices in order to read all the books you’d like.
In fact, you can load up your entire library in one, and carry it with you wherever you go.
There are a lot of options out there, but we have done the heavy lifting and have narrowed it down to the best 7 choices, so you can find the perfect present for the bookworm in your life.
|Kindle Oasis||Best Overall|
|Kindle Paperwhite E-reader||Budget Pick|
|Kobo Forma||Upgrade Pick|