The only problem is that ereaders are delicate devices. They can get damaged or scratched very easily, especially if you throw them in a bag that has other objects in it.
That is where cases for ereaders come in. They essentially just add a little bit of extra protection around the outer layer of the ereader.
You might think that a case won’t do much, but if you’re like me you probably just throw your ereader into your bag with all of your other stuff. Things get thrown around. You might sit on your ereader and scratch it. You have to find something to put it in.
There are numerous cases out there on the market. We’ve selected our top seven picks for the best ereader cases of 2022, and I’ll guide you through the pros and cons of each one and help you to choose the one that is right for you.
|Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case||Best Overall|
|Fintie Case||Budget Pick|
|Kindle – Now||Upgrade Pick|
1. Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case
- It has a built-in magnet that activates the sleep function
- The inside cover is made from leather
- It comes with a removable elastic strap that can be used to secure cash or credit cards
- The cover can be folded back into a stand for reading
- It has a handy elastic strap that keeps your e-reader securely in its place
- The inside flap behind the elastic strap prevents you from opening the front cover all the way back when the strap is attached
- You need to pull the elastic strap through the front cover each time if you want to remove it
- When using the elastic strap on the inside flap, you will be unable to close the front cover completely
- Several users have reported that there is some kind of manufacturing defect in the elastic strap as it sometimes gets detached from the strap
- You need to remove this cover in order to be able to charge your Kindle or use the touchscreen
This is a black case that looks really solid and professional. The magnetic cover will wake up and go to sleep your Kindle Paperwhite as you open and close the cover.
This cover has an extra inside flap that is actually made from leather, and a handy elastic strap that keeps everything securely in place.
2. Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case
- Kindle Paperwhite can be angled into an upright position for comfortable reading
- Available in a variety of bright colors
- Folds up and protects your Kindle when not in use
- Very sturdy exterior
The Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case offers superb protection to the device while adding a few different design features.
The case is made from a premium leather exterior, which gives the case some extra durability while making it slightly heavier. The case also has four elastic corner grips that help to ensure the safety of your Kindle. The cover can be folded back with the device still inside, making it easy to read.
The case fits the IPad Mini 4, Kindle and all versions of the Paperwhite, as well as version of the Kindle Oasis. Be sure to check the Kindle model against the dimensions of this case.
3. Kindle – Now
- Display doesn’t hurt eyes at night
- Luminance automatically adjusts
- 1-year limited warranty
The Amazon Kindle is designed to create the best reading experience possible. It is made of durable plastic. It is lightweight and portable and comes with a 3G version. It is compact and ergonomic too.
With the use of Kindle you can store approximately 1,400 books. It comes with a storage called Amazon Cloud Drive that allows you to store up 15GB of photos, videos, eBooks, and documents. It has multi-touch screen with 6 inches of diagonal measurement.
The Wi-Fi version has a built-in Free 3G that allows you read your books while on-the-go. The feature called X-Ray allows you to learn more about things in the book. You can press and hold on a word or passage to see its definition.
4. Fintie Slimshell Case
- It is easy to create your own personalized covers with Fintie's pattern-maker
- Fintie Slimshell Case is made of durable synthetic leather with soft interior to prevent scratches and the cover is lined with a soft microfiber material that protects your ereader's screen as well as keeps it clean.
- Fintie Slimshell Case has convenient features like sleep and wake up function so you when you open the cover it wakes up your device and when you close it, the device goes to sleep.
- Slim design adds no bulk to your device, fully back-lighting compatible with the New Kindle Paperwhite (no back-lighting on 2015/2016 Paperwhite)
- Fintie Slimshell Case is a perfect fit for the New Kindle Paperwhite(10th Generation, 2018 Release), just snap the eReader into the form-fitted exterior without any extra covering while still having full access to all other ports.
- May not be suitable for the All-new Paperwhite 10th Generation – 2018 model or other Kindle model.
- Fintie colors cannot be guaranteed because Fintie does not manufacture the case, but instead prints the images onto the case.
- The one material they do not have is leather but it can still be a great case.
5. Amazon Cover
- Extremely lightweight
- Best-in-class protection
- Ultra-thin and durable cover
- Magnetic clasp to keep case closed
- You have to remove the cover to read with your Kindle
- Cover stains easily
The Amazon Kindle is one of the best e-Readers of today. To protect your Kindle device from scratches, dust, oil, and dirt, it is important to get a cover for it.
However, not all Kindle covers are made alike.
The Amazon Kindle Cover for Kindle 8th Generation is one of the best e-Reader cases on the market that provides excellent protection to your device. The case comes in black and quite a few other different colors. The Amazon Kindle Cover is only available in a single size.
6. Kindle Oasis Water-Safe Fabric Cover
- Lightweight and thin
- The magnetic clasp is better than usual.
- Perfect for beach reading
- The fabric is a texture that will make the device easy to hold and grip.
- The case can’t be used with a charging cover.
- No perfect fit
This case from Amazon is a guarantee that your Kindle Oasis is going to be protected from all kinds of scratches, damages and falls. The case is made of custom cloth and fabric that is bound to give you the right amount of protection that your Kindle deserves.
Being considered a kind of expensive device, your baby deserves to be protected. This case from Amazon gets the job done.
7. Fintie Case
- Great looks
- Excellent design functionally
- With auto sleep/wake feature
- Value for money
(backlight, volume, etc.)
Not all models were compatible with this cover.
Now, for those who might not know, Fintie has a history of producing good quality cases for a wide range of ereaders. Fintie has once again hit the ball out of the park with its high-quality, strong, attractive, and functional case for the Kobo Clara HD.
8. Fintie Case
- Fits the Kobo Clara HD
- Magnetic wake/sleep features
- Slim design for travel and portability
- Premium vegan leather cover with soft microfiber lining
- Access to all ports and buttons
- Multiple color options
- Handmade authentic design
Fintie the leading supplier of innovative, cute, and affordable cases for Amazon Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Paperwhite and most major brand Tablets. Fintie only focuses on functionality, fit and excellent craftsmanship.
The Fintie Clara HD Case is precisely designed to protect your Kobo Clara HD. It’s a must for every Kobo Clara HD owner who appreciate the finer things in life.
The case comes with a magnetic clasp which keeps the case securely shut. This ensures that your Kobo Clara HD is protected from potential damages during transport.
9. Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 SleepCover
- Ultra-thin and waterproof
- Provides a night reading mode
- LED light
- Offers a kickstand for hands-free reading
- Magnetic cover
- Silicone is soft & comfortable
- Stylish design
- It’s weight might be an issue for some
- The cover can be hard to open and close
This is not your ordinary e-reader cover. This innovative cover not only protects your device from accidental drops, spills, and cracks, but also the damaging rays of the sun. It is also waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about spilling drinks or dropping it in a pool.
If you like to take your e-reader with you to bed, the SleepCover provides you with a free hand to grab a glass of water or your remote. It is fully integrated with Bluetooth for easy wireless reading with no arm cramps.
The sleepcover also provides the Aura with a night reading mode that offers you an anti-glare screen so that you can read in any light without straining the eyes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best e reader for 2022?
At the moment, the answer to this question isn’t as simple as you might want it to be. There are many things to consider when choosing an e-reader, like how and where you plan to read, the size of the screen, and the battery life. There are also different factors that can make the choice process really difficult, like affordability, durability, and which brands are best. Before you make the decision to purchase one of these devices, you want to make sure that you understand all the available options and have a clear idea of which one is best for you.
What is the best e reader on the market?
Before we go any further, let us explain what an e-reader is. An e-reader is simply the gadget you use to read ebooks both on the move and at home.
The main thing that separates these devices from paper books is that it’s generally easier to carry them around, they’re better for the environment, and they can hold an entire library of books on them. This means that there’s no need to go to the local library or lug your book collection around every time you need a new reading challenge. You can simply grab your e-reader and access a library of digital books in a few seconds.
As there are a variety of different e-readers on the market, it’s important to bear a few things in mind. For example, you’ll be able to adjust the brightness of your e-reader.
Which is the best Kindle to buy 2022?
The biggest difference between the Kindles is the screen size and battery life, but it’s also important to note that all of them use e-ink. The Paperwhite and Kindle Voyage have 300 DPI e-ink screens, while the base Kindle only has 167 DPI. This means the text on the 300 DPI screens will look crisper and with less glare.
The Voyage and Paperwhite only have about a week of battery life while the base Kindle gets up to 4-5 weeks (and if you're an avid reader, most likely longer). The Voyage and Paperwhite also have backlights to simulate a paper page, which you can turn on if you’re reading in a dark room.
Which is better all new Kindle or Paperwhite?
There is no perfect answer to this question—each reader is different. The and the Paperwhite. The Paperwhite’s backlight is easy for your eyes and has a high resolution. It is easy to read in the dark and it is definitely the go to option for people who have a hard time reading from their LCD screens. The Kindle, on the other hand, is my absolute favorite and has never disappointed me. It is not as expensive as the Paperwhite and the font size is extremely ideal for people with low vision. The resolution is not as clear as the Paperwhite but it doesn’t show any artifacts when reading text. There is a comfortable rubberized coating on the back that makes it easier to grip and holds it into place on your lap. To be honest, I get more use out of the Kindle.
Ereaders haven’t been around for all that long, but they’re already one of the most popular, and affordable, tools for readers, writers, and escapists. We’ve already covered the best ereaders of the year, and in that article we looked at several of the best protective cases available. Today, we are sharing the best cases for different ereader models, and we’re sharing the top picks that we believe are the best contenders for different tastes and budgets.
|Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Leather Case||Best Overall|
|Fintie Case||Budget Pick|
|Kindle – Now||Upgrade Pick|