Everyone has a blue light filter. Correction, nearly everyone has a blue light filter on their cell phone screen. Why? Because the blue light wavelengths emitted by screens have been shown to have a detrimental effect on the sleep quality of users.
Nurember designer Sebastian Loth answered a lot of questions and concerns people have about blue light and its damaging effects. The list ranges from the dangers of blue light, how its produced, how it affects our eyes and what studies have been done on the subject.
Everything you’ll read on the list should convince you that you need to buy a quality blue light blocking glasses. Do your own research, read our guide and when you’re ready, contact our trusted partner. Good luck in all your endeavors.
|Blue Blocking Amber Glasses||Best Overall|| |
|Eyekepper Blue Light Filter Glasses||Budget Pick|| |
|TrueDark Twilight Classic Glasses||Upgrade Pick|| |
1. Blue Blocking Amber Glasses
- These glasses block blue light
- They are prescription ready
- They are made out of high-quality materials
- May not fit well for people with big heads
- The frame can be on the thicker side
If you’re in the market for a pair of blue blocker eyeglasses, the Spectra 479 glasses may be the best choice for you. They’re amber-colored, which means that they block out lights with a wavelength of greater than 560 nm.
This will ensure that the blue lights will not penetrate the lenses. This is particularly beneficial until the sun begins to go down, especially for people that suffer from sleep problems.
You can wear these glasses as you go through your daily activities, and they will help you get a good night’s sleep. These glasses are not just for people who have sleep problems, though. They’re also great for computer users because they will help reduce eyestrain.
2. J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
- An amazing fit – the J+S Vision sunglasses are made for children and adults of all ages. They fit perfectly in smaller and larger faces and won’t hurt your little ones ears.
- Reasonably priced – don’t worry about burning a hole in your bank account by buying these blue blocking glasses. They are priced right to fit any budget.
- The blue blocking sunglasses are comfortable – Your children will be able to wear these glasses all day long without discomfort.
- Available in a variety of sizes – The blue blocking glasses comes in one size only. The J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses are one size fits all. This allows them to be a perfect birthday gift for you or your children, regardless of their age.
- Good quality – These J+S Vision blue blocking glasses are made of high-quality materials. You won’t have to be worried about them breaking or falling apart anytime soon.
- Large, clean, and finished the colored lenses – The colored lenses are transparent. This allows the user to have great vision while using the product.
- No early-onset macular degeneration – The best thing about these J+S Vision blue blocking glasses is that they will protect your children from early-onset macular degeneration.
Anti Scratch Coating.
3. PROSPEK Blue Light Blocking Glasses Kids
- Doggy nose bridge
- Durable and flexible TPE frame material
- Narrow bridge between the nose
- Plastic looks somewhat cheap
The PROSPEK Blue Light Blocking Glasses Kids are my top pick. Wearing blue-violet light blocking glasses during the evening and night helps prevent digital eye strain and other light-related sleeping problems by blocking the most amount of blue light, the main light ray emitted from electronic devices.
Children’s eyes are particularly sensitive to blue light, and so it is really important to start them young with blue-blocking glasses that help them avoid problems as they grow up, including problems with sleep.
Our View? These great quality blue-blocking glasses by PROSPEK are reasonably priced and a good investment to protect your eyes and your child’s eyes as well! I like that they come in a variety of sizes and colors so it’s easy to find a pair for the family.
4. Blue Light Blocking Glasses to Block Blue-Light
- Light and comfortable
- The frames are made of aluminum
- No Bulky peripheral lens
- Elegant and Firm
- Thermal Lens Technology against blue-light
- Lifetime Warranty
- Shipped and Fulfilled by Amazon
- OTG CR-39 lenses
- It might be a little bigger than expected
- Occasional scratches on the lenses
- Nowhere to stabilize the glasses on the ears
When it comes to the best blue blocking glasses, Inrive is the undefeated champion in the market. The price is a bit steeper than the other glasses, but they guarantee their products and they do indeed do their job.
This set of glasses has everything that you need in order to block the blue light from the computer screen. It blocks the harmful radiations from your laptop, tablet, or cell phone while it also helps you focus on your reading material.
They have a nice thin design and thick lenses that are not confused for anything else. They come in a convenient hard case that you can place your glasses in. The frames are made of an aluminum material and it features the OTG lenses from CR-39.
5. Cyxus Blue Light Blocking Glasses Professional UV Protection Eyewear Anti Eye Fatigue Transparent Lens
- Various frame colors available
- Lightweight and flexible design
- Anti-glare, anti-UV, and anti-reflective polarized lenses
- Not universally flattering
- Plastic arms on the frames can break or snap
At just three ounces of weight, the Cyxus anti-glare glasses are one of the lightest options for blue blockers. They’re also powered by photochromic lenses that can protect your eyes from 100 per cent of UV rays caused by the sun, while the anti-blue wavelength coating blocks blue light to relieve headaches and migraines.
The lenses have a thin layer of titanium oxide, which is more powerful than the average filter sun glasses. This unique lens technology provides a built in glare protection that blocks ultra violet, blue, and green light.
The anti-reflective coating prevents glare and the anti-glare coating in the lenses provide enhanced comfort for long hours of use. The TR90 frame material is lightweight and flexible which makes the frame comfortable to wear for longer periods of time.
6. Hack Your Sleep NoBlue Blue Blocking Sunglasses Orange/Amber Tinted Lens Computer Glasses
- Comfortable to wear
- Protects the eyes from UV rays
- Comes with an informative e-book
- Meets U.S. FDA standards
- Blocks blues and UV rays
- Comes with a cleaning cloth
- Large, sculpted, lightweight frames
- UV protection: 100%
- Blue light blocking: 99.9%
Premium Case, Frame Material: Acrylic + Titanium Bridge
The passive filtering of blue light by amber lenses has been shown to help you sleep better and protect your eyes from the bright glare that comes from your screens and other blue light sources.
7. Blue Light Blocking Orange Glasses Anti Glare 0.00
- Adjustable spring hinge
- Reduces glare
- Blocks blue light
- Wears out quickly
- Arms can become loose
The top rated Blue Light Blocking Orange Glasses Anti-Glare 0.00 from Orange Optics are perfect for screen-addicted users out in the market for orange glasses to reduce blue light exposure and general eye fatigue.
While these glasses are specifically designed to combat and block out blue light, they work for basically any screen you want to keep your eyes off. More importantly, these glasses block out blue light and reduce the amount of glare that a screen causes, making it easier to read content.
With an adjustable spring hinge, lightweight frame, and wide frame that is still aesthetically pleasing, these glasses are comfortable to wear for long periods. Some users have noted the arms becoming loose over time, which is disappointing but standard for plastic eyeglasses frames.
8. Cyxus Blue Light Blocking Glasses
- Lightweight, plastic glasses
- Temples are long enough to wrap around young kids’ heads for a tight, secure fit
- Clear lens on the glasses offers additional protection against UV rays
- Nose pads allow for a secure fit
The Cyxus are stylish-looking glasses that not only offer a huge amount of protection against blue light, but also against UV rays. The super-trendy designs look perfectly stylish and hip on young kids.
In fact, the Cyxus look like trendy big glasses that wouldn’t look out of place on your teenage son or daughter. Even the temples loop above the ears, which is an ideal feature for young kids who can’t support glasses on their ears.
If your kids have trouble sleeping after spending time on screens, the Cyxus will help them transition to a good night’s sleep. With its lightweight and soft frame, it can be worn comfortably while sleeping.
9. Swanwick – Fitover Night Swannies
- Reasonable design
- Relieves eye strain and headaches
- Great price
- Can look strange to other people
- Can cause headaches for some wearers
The Swanwick blue light blocking glasses have a unique design that makes them different than the competition. They protect your eyes from the harmful blue-wavelength light emitted by LED lights and the screens of most of the devices we use today. These glasses will really come in handy when you're using your laptop or phone at night.
Although it is necessary to wear sunglasses when outside, they can be annoying when you're indoors and want to use your laptop or phone. These are just what you need to block out the blue light and reduce the eye strain caused when you use electronic devices at night. They come in a stylish, thin design. They're comfortable to wear thanks to the soft nose pads and rubber cushioning on the arms.
10. KLIM OTG Blue Light Blocking Glasses Clip on
- Offers you self-justification to unplug and play board games and cards
- Blocks blue light high-energy light that will continue to stimulate your brain
- Blocks blue light and protects your eyes
- Clip-on frame is flexible
- Can leave a bit of indentation on your nose
- Some cases of light leakage
- Not the best option for someone who needs glasses
Our list of the best blue blockers is led by this terrific clip-on pair that not only protects your eyes from harmful blue light but it does so in a way that still allows you to enjoy your favorite tablets, mobile phones, and video games.
This product is designed to clip onto your existing glasses but will fit many frames. It comes with a durable case and cleaning cloth as well as a handy cleaning foil.
The adjustable silicon nose pads help to ensure a comfortable fit and if you find that the glasses are too strong you can adjust them according to your preference. The frame comes in a variety of sizes and colours and is suitable for both men and women.
11. Duco Kids Sports Style Blue Light Blocking Reading Computer Glasses Age 5-12 K015
- Blocks the blue light of digital screens
- Nylon reinforced frames
- Fogless lenses
- Adjustable nose pads
- Available in different sizes
- Tinted to reduce sun glare
- Cost more than others
- Not recommended for ages 0-3
These computer glasses from Duco can block the blue light of digital screens, which is something that office workers everywhere need. They have a glossy transparent coating that offers 100% UV protection, and the frames are made of heavy duty nylon for increased durability.
These glasses from Duco have a special coating that reduces glare and makes everything that you see through the lenses clearer and sharper. They can be worn by children 5-12 years old.
12. ElementsActive Fitover Anti-Blue Blocking Computer Glasses
- Lightweight and stylish
- Effective at blocking blue light
- 100% UV protection
- Works with prescription glasses
- Your arms will get tired holding them
- They can be a tad bit expensive
I am absolutely obsessed with these glasses. It’s hard to tell when my behavior changes as I’m always on my computer or phone but my boyfriend and my dog can tell the difference without hesitation. I never realized how much blue light had been affecting my mood. When I started this project, I told myself, I would wear the glasses no matter what while I experimented. It was semi-hard for the first week, but now I don’t notice them at all. I think I’ve got to a point where I notice when the glasses are off most of the time. I did a really good A/B test using these and my regular glasses to see if my vision was noticeably different in normal lighting. I tested center vision, side vision, and peripheral vision. Wow, was there a difference in color temperature. They looked similar in the center. Ehhh, not so much.
On the whole, I'm impressed with the way these glasses work. I feel less tired and my eyes feel more clear and wide awake without that eye fatigue. Additionally, they actually do a good job at blocking blue light.
13. Uvex Skyper Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses
- Anti-reflective coating
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Affordable pair of blue blocker glasses
- Extraordinarily wide field of view
- Blue light protection that is impenetrable
- Sleek design that’s great for the office
- Might be too fragile for extreme sports
- Can get smudged with fingerprints easily
If you’re looking for a pair of blue blocking glasses that you can use for long hours of computer or phone use, the Uvex Skyper is a great pick.
According to plenty of users, the Skyper offers complete eye protection from blue light, in addition to superior visual clarity. The Skyper has an anti-reflective coating, making it easier for you to see both the screen and windows signs.
The Uvex Skyper is also the lightest pair of blue blockers on our list, which makes the glasses more comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
14. Eyekepper Blue Light Filter Glasses
- No more headaches!
- Prescription lens glasses for computer use
- Double coated anti-reflective lenses
- 100% UV400 protection
- Angel eye friendly lens coatings
- Comes in 7 different colors
- Aspheric lenses which eliminate astigmatism
- No batteries required
- Lightweight and space saving design
- No case included
- Could be more protective
The Fly High Big Lo PRO Tackle fishing seat is a universal 4" tall fishing seat that is adjustable in depth, rotation, and height. The seat is ergonomically designed for maximum comfort and stability when a rod and reel are in place. It has four screened windows for ventilation and an open bottom for easy drainage. The seat is made of durable ABS plastic construction and is stain resistant.
The seat has an approximate weight limit of 225 lbs. It is easy to install and is ideal for use on fishing boats, flats boats, stern boats, and ski boats. Boat seats by Fly High are Made in the USA and come with a lifetime warranty. All of the necessary mounting hardware is included for quick and easy installation.
15. TrueDark Twilight Classic Glasses
- Available in different sizes
- Available in different styles
- Blocks harmful light from smartphones, laptops, etc.
- Increases sleep quality
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
- Disposable lenses — Great for traveling
- Blue blocker glasses are FDA approved and meet ANSI standards
- Eye protection
- Soft silicone frame
- Different shades of orange may distort vision
- Can be flimsy
For The Editor's Choice Award, we checked out these TrueDark Twilight Glasses. TrueDark is dedicated to helping you eliminate the harmful effects of blue light exposure.
By blocking out blue light from electronics such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc., TrueDark's Blue Blocker Glasses help curb strain on your eyes and improves your sleep quality, while maximizing your melatonin release, syncing your circadian rhythm, and increasing your energy. Each pair is also scratch and scratch-resistant safe and come with a soft silicone frame along with a cleaning cloth and case.
TrueDark also offers a Lifetime Warranty on all of their New Classic Models.
16. Aspectus Fitover Anti-Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses
- Adjustable for Most Prescription Frame Sizes
- Anti-Blue Light Blocking Lenses
- Lightweight and Comfortable
- Blocks 100% UV ray
- 2-Year Warranty
The Aspectus Fitover Anti-Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses fit perfectly above most standard prescription glasses.They block 99.9% of harmful UVA and UVB light.
The anti-reflective coating blocks the blue light from digital devices, reducing eye strain, migraines, headaches, and insomnia. They are cost effective and use no electricity.
This Fitover computer glasses can be worn with prescription glasses, sunglasses, motorcycle and cycling glasses, protective combat glasses, and goggles. They come with two lens tints; one of them (amber orange) will help you achieve better night sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best brand of blue light blocking glasses?
There are many brands of blue blocking glasses on the market, and a few of them have really negative reviews. Some of the most important differences between the glasses will come down to price, warranty, lens quality, and color.
When it comes to price, there is a wide range of options available at a variety of price points. You can purchase clear lenses that are a few dollars, colored lenses that are a few dollars more, or sunglasses that cost several times more. There are also numerous brands on the market, including Native Eyewear, 3D Lighting, and HighDefLovers. For the sake of convenience, we recommend the 3D light blocking glasses. Their glasses are only a few dollars more than lenses that are just flat dark shades, but they look much better. They are lightweight, modern looking, and are stylish enough to wear all day, every day.
What are the most effective blue light glasses?
If you spend a lot of your day sitting near a computer screen or smart phone, you may be interested in buying an improved pair of blue light blocking glasses.
Blue blocking shades can help you stave off the damage that is caused by exposure to blue light. Not only can blue light cause eye strain, but it also leaves the body vulnerable to other health problems like macular degeneration (a condition that commonly affects older individuals).
As far as effective glasses, there are a lot of them on the market that will deliver some level of protection. However, if you’re not familiar with these glasses, how do you decide which one is the best option for you?
This buyer’s guide should help. In order to be considered an effective blue light blocking pair, these glasses need to block out between 30-99% of the harmful blue light. The glasses in this guide offer the best blue blocking capabilities.
Are Bluelight glasses worth it?
Blue Light Glasses have recently become very popular. The idea behind these glasses is that they shield you from the blue light from your phone and other devices.
We aren’t going to get into the health impacts and whether they are justified or not. If you do want to find out more about this, there is plenty of information online.
Instead, we will focus on some of the technical specifications of these glasses, and whether they are worth buying:
- Blue Light Glasses work for iPads and iPhones, but not for Android. If you have an Android phone, then it’s best to stick with the software and advice offered by Google. Our recommendation would be to avoid using your phone at night.
- If you do use your phone at night, avoid keeping it in the same room. This allows the eyes time to adjust after looking at a bright screen.
What to look for when buying blue light blocking glasses?
Whether you wear glasses or not, or are a fan of reading and all things tech, you need to be aware of the effects of blue light on your eyes. Unlike the warm glow that comes from incandescent lighting, fluorescent lighting and the screens of our technology emit rays that are harsh and blue, making them much more likely to cause you problems in the long term. Blue light can cause eye fatigue, headaches, and eyestrain.
Although it’s bad to stare at screens for long periods of time, there are also long term effects of too much exposure to blue light. Research has shown that blue light has been proven to deplete your eye's natural supply of antioxidants, which protect the retina and lens from damage. This is very similar to what happens when you stare at the sun, which causes burning and eventually blindness.
So what exactly are blue-light blocking glasses and why do you need one? We’ll answer these questions, and show you the best blue-light blocking glasses so that you can see for yourself.
Whether you’re concerned about protecting your vision or want to sleep better, these blue-light blocking glasses could be a great solution.
|Blue Blocking Amber Glasses||Best Overall|| |
|Eyekepper Blue Light Filter Glasses||Budget Pick|| |
|TrueDark Twilight Classic Glasses||Upgrade Pick|| |